Heidi Murphy-Hunt Ba(Hons) MBA
Over 20 years experience in the medical devices sector.
Director level experience for international sales and marketing and business development. General business experience founded on applications and sales. Specialisation Brachytherapy, HIFU, Fluent English, French & German with knowledge of Russian, Italian, Spanish.
CV Heidi Murphy-Hunt
Heidi Murphy-Hunt, Age 42
1978-1985 English Martyrs Comprehensive School, Hartlepool, Cleveland. 12 O levels, 3 A levels
1985-1989 Brighton Polytechnic, Brighton, Sussex Ba (Hons) Applied Language. – Linguistics, French & Russian
1993-1997 Brighton Business School , Brighton University, Sussex ( evening study) MBA ( Master of Business Administration)
Languages: Fluent French, German & English; Knowledge of Russian, Italian, Spanish
1990-1999 Spenco Healthcare Ltd – (Subsid of Kimberly Clarke), Haywards Heath, UK
1990-1991 Export Clerk - Export shipping & customer service
1991-1993 Export Coordinator
- Exhibition & sales meeting organisation,
- International Distributor management
- Line management of clerk
1993-1999 Export & Purchasing Executive
As above plus:
- Product Costings, warehouse design
- New product development
- Packaging design
- Supplier negotiations
- Line management of Clerk and Secretary
1999-2006 Bard Ltd, European Head Quarters - Crawley, UK
1999-2000 European Planning Manager (Brachytherapy)– Setting up systems and Purchasing avenues for a new Pan European product line involving ultrasound &software guided radioactive seed implantation.
2000-2002 European Product Manager ( Brachytherapy) –In charge of all aspects of product management throughout Europe, as well as direct sales responsibilities in UK, Ireland, Germany, Switzerland, Austria.
- Training of clinicians both in and outside of theatre
- Liaison with individual national bodies eg reimbursement issues
- Supplier & customer contract negotiation
- Product training for national and international sales staff & Business Unit Managers
- Literature design & creation.
- Symposium organisation
- Proctor procurement.
- Sales presentations and liaison with Urology, Radiation Therapy, Physics consultants and hospital management.
- Strategic and Tactical planning for product and its extensions in market environment.
- Functional management of customer service clerk
2002-2006 European Business Manager (Brachytherapy)
As above with change of direct sales territory to UK, Ireland, Nordic, E Europe & S Africa and addition of:
- Sales/marketing guidance & support for 5 sales reps for other European territories
- Creation of clinical publications policy and materials for Europe
- Targeted responsibility for ops expenses , exhibition budget and sales income
- Functional management of database operator & marketing assistant
2006-2008 Misonix Inc , Farmingdale , NY
2006- 2007 European Director of Emerging Therapies
- Introducing /extending the prostate HIFU business into Europe
- Business planning; strategy and budget
- Clinical publications and training policy and programs
- Marketing policy inc. Branding, PR, exhibitions
- Direct management of Marketing, Sales, and Engineering/applications staff
- Capital sales, rental/mobile services, maintenance
- Working with existing and finding new distributors and agents
- Setting up a new French subsidiary for direct operations in France.
- Management of Multi-centre trials, phase 1 & 2 for Kidney HIFU
2008 International Sales Director – EMEA region.
- Continuance of the HIFU business
- Finding, assessing and managing distributors and direct employees for a whole range of therapeutic ultrasound devices. Applicable fields wound debridement; bone cutting and shaving in spinal, orthopaedic and macio-facial surgery; aspiration in general and neuro-surgery, liposuction.
Present Pergentium Ltd – Sussex, UK
Managing Director - Responsible of all aspects of business of this newly established European Medical Devices and consultancy company. Current workforce 8 inc. self (4 sales, 1 accounts , 1 marketing& business development, 1 IT; spread across UK, France Germany & Italy).
Additional skills and hobbies
Mother to my 2 boys (Fergus  & Rowan )
Sport: Skiing and sides line rugby & hockey mum once upon a time also Rock climbing, Tennis, & Volleyball
Entertainment: Reading Theatre, Cinema